Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Roasted Chickpeas 10 Ways

It's been said that losing weight is 70% diet and 30% exercise. Snacking between meals can easily make or break your diet, depending on if you're doing it right.


My sister-in-law Leigh Anne recently posted a healthy snack that she made on facebook and since then I've been hearing more and more about roasted chickpeas. On my Internet search I discovered that the sky's the limit when it comes to seasonings so I pinned my top ten on my pinterest board and decided to make some for an upcoming party with friends.

I made recipe number 1 below: Parmesan Cheese Roasted Chickpeas. The changes that I made are as follows: 1- I put the chickpeas in the oven dry (no oil or seasonings- I put those on after they came out of the oven; 2- cook them longer so they are crunchier-the crunchier the better! ; 3- add a little bit of garlic powder for flavor too)
TIP: Do not put these in a sealed container as the chickpeas will become moist and lose their crunch - learned this one the hard way :)

My own photo got deleted so I stole borrowed this one from the Parmesan Cheese website :)


Side note: Thinking about the healthy aspects of the chickpea, I found this website with a wealth of information on the topic.

These are my Top 10 Roasted Chickpea Recipes (and I plan on trying each one)

*1- Kid-friendly Parmesan Cheese Roasted Chickpeas

*2- Sweet Roasted Chickpeas with brown sugar and cinnamon

*3- Roasted Curried Chickpeas


*4- Garlicky Roasted Chickpeas with Feta, Mint, and Lemon (I personally will leave out the mint-personal preference)


*5- Roasted Pimenton Chickpeas (uses paprika)


*6- Italian Style Balsamic Roasted Chickpeas


*7- Taco-style Chickpeas


*8- Cocoa Chickpeas


*9- Buffalo Style Roasted Chickpeas


*10- Use your favorite spices- great step-by-step picture tutorial




Snack-on folks! :)











2 comments:

  1. I love this snack! Thanks for the different variations!! Why do you put the oil on after you bake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read in a few posts that they crisp up better if they go in the oven dry.?.?

    ReplyDelete