Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Nature Art and Dance Party

It has been surprisingly easy to check off items from our summer activities list. Especially when The Sponge initiates activities that are already on the list! (I love that girl!) Last night my hubby and I were chillin' on the new patio furnature that he had just finished making. Awesome job right?!

He bought the adirondack chairs in boxes and put them together and made the table out of pallets, a 4x4, and casters then stained them all to match!

Anyways, so we were chillin' and admiring the view of our kids running around being crazy adorable in the backyard when The Sponge came up to me and asked if she could make a project out of leaves and flowers...um...YEAH! She asked for paper and glue, to which I happily abliged as I grabbed my camera to check Number 52-create works of art from nature off of our 70 Days of Summer Activities list. Of course, as soon as The Hulk heard the words "project" and "glue" he was running over and asking for paper too. They had so much fun with this open-ended activity. The Sponge made a family out of the leaves:) Here's how they made their masterpieces!

Materials were gathered
Sponge got angry when Hulk stole her leaves
Hulk does not like getting his fingers dirty! -Glue yucky!
Ta Da! Finished Masterpieces!


While we work or play outside we like to listen to music, so last night I had our Kindle Fire tuned to my Taylor Swift station on iHeart Radio (which if you don't have iHeart Radio yet you should, it's free and there are NO commercials). The kids decided to have an imprompto dance party, taking care of Number 6-have a dance party in your backyard.

Hulk getting down with his bad self

Oh, you're taking picures now Mom?

Go Spo-onge, Go Spo-onge


Dance partners :)
The Hulk doesn't like to wear pants..it makes him 'ANGRY'! ;)

We had so much fun with these two activities. It's amazing how much fun you can have when you let your kids lead the way. One of my favorite blogs to follow is Hands Free Mama. I swear when I grow up I want to be just like this amazing Mama. Her focus is on really being present with her family. That is my ultimate summer goal. My kids are growing up too fast, as all kids do, and I just want to relish every moment and turn them into memories not regrets.










No comments:

Post a Comment